‘Gear Break’ a new section on PEZ, introducing new cycling equipment or something that has just caught our eye because of its style, functionality or ingenuity. Plus any special offers that we can pass on to our readers. We have not been paid for showing any items here, it’s not advertising… Just cool kit. We hope you enjoy.
Campagnolo Wall Clock Brevetti Internazionali
● Characterized by the yellow color, a symbol of many victories at the Tour de France, the Wall Clock Brevetti Internazionali furnishes your home or office with style.
● Campagnolo, a timeless brand, will mark your time with a vintage allure that reminds the typically Italian genius and “know-how”.
● The Campagnolo Brevetti Internazionali logo together with the Italian flag stripes, represents the identity of Campagnolo.
● This elegant Campagnolo wall clock is in metal with a relief finish that gives it an innovative 3D effect.
● Over the years, this Italian company has made a huge contribution to improving the cycling experience, not only of professionals during the world’s hardest competitions, but also yours.
● The Campagnolo Wall Clock Brevetti Internazionali will count down the minutes until your next ride or race.
See the Campagnolo clock here: www.campagnolo.com/WW/en/store/campagnolo_wall_clock_brevetti_internazionali
● The perfect road shoe for dark winter nights. Out on the road, fizik’s innovative velcro
closure system securely envelopes your feet within the shoe for optimal, customizable comfort. The shoe’s reflective finish, meanwhile, allows for great visibility; increasing rider safety while providing a unique and attractive look.
● SRP: GBP £134.99 / USD $139.99 / EUR €139.99
More information: www.fizik.com/eu_en/tempo-powerstrap-r5-reflective.html
Pinarello – Dogma F12
● From the most decorated race bike brand in history, Pinarello’s F12 is the fastest Dogma to date, ridden by Team INEOS to multiple Grand Tour victories – and you can buy it too. With tactile handling, advanced aerodynamics and every detail designed for optimum performance, the Dogma F12 ideally suits road riders for whom speed is everything. 10% laterally stiffer than its F10 predecessor, it delivers greater power with optimized aerodynamics and complete cable integration to reduce drag by 7.3%, resulting in an 8-watt saving at 40km/h.
● If the price tag of GBP £12,000 for a Dogma F12 equipped with ZIPP 303 Firecrest wheels and a SRAM AXS 12-speed groupset isn’t enough to make you flinch, you can select your own custom paintwork combination with Pinarello MyWAY for upwards of an additional £500.
More info at: www.pinarello.com/en/bikes-2019/road/dogma-f12/
Cycles Berthoud – Leather Saddle Aspin Open Cork
Our “historical” model for the touring cyclist, with cutout in the leather top, cork color.
● The cutout in the leather top gives an even more comfortable ride releasing pressure on the pudendal nerve and thus reducing risks of saddle sore and genital numbness.
● Besides it further shortens the break-in period required.
● The Berthoud Aspin touring saddle is manufactured in house from thick natural vegetable tanned leather. It is pre-softened to shorten the break-in period.
● The bolt assemblies at the rear of the saddle are situated behind the area on which the cyclist sits. No risk of damaging your cycling shorts or your skin!
● Backplate made of technical material providing solidity and flexibility for maximum comfort.
● Loops for a saddle bag. Grooves and threaded inserts for a Klick-Fix system.
● Easy to disassemble thanks to an ingenious system of stainless steel bolts which fit into special-shaped brass washers.
● The cone-shaped washers fit snuggly into the leather avoiding any risk of damage.
● Rails made of polished stainless spring steel.The rails have a relatively long straight part giving saddle setback adjustment.
● Patented tension system. No special tool is required to adjust the tension, a 5mm Allen key is enough.
● Each saddle is individually marked with a unique serial number etched on the brass washer on top of the nose.
The leather density fluctuates between hides so the saddle weight can vary.
Price: €165.83 Tax included.
More from Cycles Berthoud at berthoudcycles.fr/en.
Rapha: The New Indoor Training Collection
● Designed specially for indoor training, this collection will help you stay comfortable while you’re working your hardest.
● From gentle warm-ups to sweat-drenched sufferfests, returning from injury or recovering midweek, the indoor trainer is an oft-maligned piece of equipment with a lot to say for itself.
● Even before the turbo got smart, it was responsible for race wins and world records. Now there’s been something of a renaissance.
● More accessible than ever, indoor training has found a place in the home (or gym) workout routine of all kinds of cyclists, whether you’re a 35-hour-a-week WorldTour pro or keeping fit for a semi- regular Sunday spin. We created a new collection to make time spent on the turbo more comfortable for all indoor training devotees. And we started from the top with our lightest-ever cap, made with a highly ventilated spacer mesh to keep you cool and collected.
● Indoor Training Sweat Cap $40: Our lightest cap ever makes use of a highly ventilated spacer mesh to keep you cool and dry, and absorbent fabrics to stop sweat from spoiling your session. An internal sweat band adds to the protection, collecting moisture and keeping the cap securely in place.
● Indoor Training Sleeveless T-Shirt $75: Lightweight, breathable fabric wicks sweat from your body. Looser than a base layer yet close enough to wick moisture in key areas. Sleeveless design with wide neck lets air flow around your body, keeping you cool when things heat up.
● Indoor Training Towel $15: Sized to fit all handlebars with loops to hold it place on the hoods, this soft and highly absorbent fabric will stay in reach to wipe away excess sweat.
● Core Cargo Shorts $130: No bibs means no sweaty fabric next on your skin. Leg pockets keep food and other essentials close to hand. Super comfortable chamois keeps you comfortable through high-intensity sessions.
See the full range: www.rapha.cc/indoor-training
KOO – Open Cube
● Constructed of polycarbonate with each component 100% made in Italy, KOO’s high-performance Open Cubes weigh just 30g and are sported by the Trek-Segafredo WorldTour team, including 2019 Road World Champion Mads Pedersen and 2019 Giro d’Italia Maglia Azzurra winner Giulio Ciccone.
● The easily interchangeable lenses are manufactured by Zeiss Optics, with excellent ventilation thanks to added channels in the lens to maximize airflow, keeping the rider cool and the vision perfect. KOO’s Open Cubes also feature an innovative folding pivot in the arms for easy storage and additional ventilation, as well as micrometrical arm adjustment to improve fit without interfering with comfort, and an innovative folding pivot to store and fold with ease.
● SRP: GBP £174.99 / USD $239.00 / EUR €199.00
More info at: kooworld.cc/product/sunglasses/koo-open-cube/
Note: PezCyclingNews ask that you contact the manufacturers before using any products you see here. Only the manufacturer can provide accurate and complete information on proper / safe use, handling, maintenance and or installation of products as well as any conditional information or product limitations.