BritTour: One Last Gasp!
The Tour of Britain drew to a hot close with a fantastic display of dominance by QuickStep’s boys in Blue last Sunday. London put on an amazing spectacle in the heart of the city with an estimated 100,000 people witnessing the riders flying past some of its famous landmarks…. our Nick O’Brien was armed only with his camera and sense of humor, and filed this photo-report.
Quick Step’s Luca Paolini won the final sprint to secure his win in the points competition – while team mate Nick Nuyens confirmed his overall win following his superb time trial victory in Birmingham yesterday where he held off closest overall challenger CSCs Michael Blaudzun by .1.21 seconds.
• The Quick step boys fly around Parliament Square…
• It’s Peztime…. and India & Dominique are fighting over their favourite jersey.
• It’s a fare Cop….World time trial champ Michael Rogers gets knicked for impersonating a couple of Britains finest – the original “boys in Blue”.
• Summer in London its all about hanging around outside a good old fashioned “Boozer!” – BarlowWorld’s South African champion pulls in for a swift pint at the Red Lion.
• Don’t you just love good old British hospitality?
• Highest placed Brit Roger Hammond is just glad he didn’t get a kiss from London Mayor Ken Livingstone – who confirmed his backing for London to host the start of the 2007 Tour de France.
• Italy’s Luca Paolini helps PEZ’s favourite Podium Girls cool off at the Tour of Britain – while teammate Nick Nuyens prefers to savour his Victory.
• The original ” Broom wagon” sweep up a couple of Pez fans.