Top 10 Spring Classics Classic Moments
The Classics are done for now, the Giro is just around the corner… But our dedicated panel of PCN Contributors have logged on and submitted their review of just how good the racing has been over the past 6 weeks… Friday’s Top Ten List – Heeere we go!
10. Jan Ullrich finishing a few races, the champ may be back and a force to contend with at the Tour (look out Lance!!!)
9. The disappointment of losing George Hincapie’s hopeful presence on the cobbles due to a lingering virus.
8. The Pez-Mobile LandRover – PezCycling New’s arrives in the race caravan in style at Flanders.
7. The Navigators boys catching Cipo on film as he tries to bean the moto-guy at Ghent-Wevelgem see it here.
6. Milan-San Remo – Finally won by a breakaway only Paulo Bettini could pull off, at last a fitting finish for “La Primavera”.
5. Spanish riders have come out from under the Miguel Indurain effect of not doing anything out-side the stage races. Freire, Astarloa, Mayo, Etxbarria, Vicioso et al showed that Spanish riders can do the Classics.
4. I will have to nominate into the top 4 the 2nd place of Henk Vogels and the Navigators team for showing that US domestic pros aren’t just a bunch of circle riding goobers. They did the North American continent proud.
3. Peter Van Petegem – Winning Flanders AND Roubaix – a one man Classics “wrecking crew”.
2. Ekimov on fire – 7th at Flanders and 3rd in the sprint at Roubaix. You gotta love it when the “old men” stick it to the twirps…
1. Tyler. Tyler. TYLER! First Classic win by the American. The sense that Tyler will reach his real potential and beyond has us salivating for July…
What Do You Think?
If you’ve got a comment or opinion you’d like to share, send us an email and we might just publish you in glorious pixelated black & white!
Send your comments to: [email protected]