ALPINE CHALLENGE Stage 2
After a very tough first day, there was a lot of anticipation for Stage 2. The long drag from Annecy to the base of Col des Aravis softened some already tired legs and this time it was Magnus Backstedt and Dave Dent in an early break who held on to the top with Magnus just pipping David on the line but effectively not making up any time, thus Dave Dent retains the G!RO Cycles Leaders Jersey.
Kelli Bayliss once again proved her strength by breaking away early on the lower slopes and finishing comfortable ahead of her nearest rivals, Rebecca Johnson and Tamala McGee, thus retaining the G!RO Cycles Leaders Jersey
Tomorrows Stage 3 is Annecy to Annecy, 103km and 2000m of climbing taking in the de la Croix Fry as the Red Section.
The dates for next years event is 9-13 September 2015 with Early Bird entries opening on the 24th September 14:00 BST.
Stage 2 Annecy-Annecy (115km 2409m. Red timed climb section 6.7km):
1. Magnus Backstedt (Sweden) 17:20
2. Dave Dent (UK) 17:20
3. Paul Vine (UK) 18:58
1. Kelli Bayliss (Australia) 21:56
2. Rebecca Johnson (USA) 22:58
3. Tamala McGee (UK) 23:32
1. Dave Dent (UK) 1:28:01 G!RO Cycles Leaders Jersey
2. Magnus Backstedt (Sweden) 1:29:22
3. Paul Vine (UK) 1:32:52
1. Kelli Bayliss (Australia) 1:49:21 G!RO Cycles Leaders Jersey
2. Rebecca Johnson (USA) 1:55:21
3. Tamala McGee (UK) 1:56:21.
Dave Dent leads Magnus Backstedt on the uppers slopes of Col des Aravis
Comments are closed.