Eight Kenda Tire athletes at UCI Track World Championships
Eight athletes from Kenda sponsored cycling teams will represent their home nations at the UCI Track World Championships in Apeldoorn, Netherlands this weekend. Headlining this group of elite track athletes are members of the current World Champion Women’s Team Pursuit squad from the United States, Chloé Dygert-Owen, Kelly Catlin, and Jennifer Valente.
When asked about the start of her year, Dygert-Owens said, “I am really looking forward to the World Championships. My focus has been very clear and I am hoping to bring home two more world titles and a world record.”
Competing in the women’s events at the World Championships will riders from the Kenda sponsored Rally Professional Cycling Team and TWENTY20 Professional Cycling Teams.
· Chloé Dygert-Owen (USA) – Individual Pursuit & Team Pursuit (TWENTY20 Pro Cycling)
· Kelly Catlin (USA) – Individual Pursuit, Team Pursuit, & Madison (Rally Pro Cycling)
· Jennifer Valente (USA) – Team Pursuit & Omnium (TWENTY20 Pro Cycling)
· Allison Beveridge (CAN) – Team Pursuit, Omnium, & Madison (Rally Pro Cycling)
· Jasmin Duehring (CAN) – Points Race, Scratch Race, & Team Pursuit (TWENTY20 Pro Cycling)
· Steph Roorda (CAN) – Team Pursuit (TWENTY20 Pro Cycling)
· Sofia Arreola (MEX) – Madison & Points Race (TWENTY20 Pro Cycling)
Representing the men will be Eric Young from Rally Pro Cycling. Young is coming into the World Championships after an impressive start to the road season with multiple top ten finishes at the Dubai Tour.
· Eric Young (USA) – Points Race & Team Pursuit (Rally Pro Cycling).