GCN+ presents biggest ever cyclocross offering, with live, ad-free, and on-demand coverage of every major global CX event in 2021-22
- Encompassing UCI CX World Championships and World Cup, UEC European Championships, Telenet Superprestige, X2O Badkamers Trophy, US CX Series and Ethias Cross;
- US coverage includes UCI CX World Championships thanks to GCN+’s partnership with Experience Fayetteville;
- Scope of GCN+ CX offering bolsters increasingly diverse portfolio of live and supporting content across all cycling disciplines.
GCN+ announces that it will bring more cyclocross than ever before to racing fans around the globe, with all major CX events of the 2021-22 season available live, ad-free, on-demand and as curated highlights.
GCN+’s global coverage includes the US CX series and UEC European Championships, while US and European viewers will be able to watch the UCI CX World Championships (subject to territory restrictions) thanks to a new partnership with Experience Fayetteville which will bring live and exclusive coverage to all US subscribers.* UCI World Cup, Telenet Superprestige, X2O Badkamers Trofee and Ethias Cross will be available worldwide (excluding Belgium).**
GCN+ will also offer additional content including race previews, riders to watch, course details and interactive content where viewers can share their opinions as the action unfolds. Racing fans will also be able to access even more original content, with close to 100 cycling documentaries included in their GCN+ subscription.
This latest boost to CX content is a key part of GCN+’s increasingly diverse production offering, giving fans access to year-round content covering both racing and original documentaries.
Daniel Lloyd, GCN+ presenter and Director of Racing, said:“This is a very exciting time for CX, which has never been more popular, or easier to watch. We have a packed CX season on GCN+, and have already had the pleasure of broadcasting all 8 rounds of the inaugural US Cyclocross Series, with all of their events live worldwide.”
“We can soon expect to see Marianne Vos, Mathieu van der Poel, Wout van Aert and Tom Pidcock back in action in one of their favourite disciplines, as our attention now turns to the UCI World Cup, Superprestige, Ethias Cross and X20 Badkamers Trofee series. All will be live on GCN+, which means there’s not a single weekend without CX action for the next three months, all culminating with the World Championships in Fayetteville, USA at the end of January.”
“If you’ve never watched CX before, I can thoroughly recommend it. The events are short and intense, action packed from start to finish, and always entertaining.”
Access all of GCN+’s live and on demand cyclocross coverage and content HERE.
*Learn more about cycling in Fayetteville here.
The 2021-2022 Cyclo-cross Superprestige series includes:
· Oct 3, 2021: Gieten (Netherlands)
· Oct 23, 2021: Ruddervoorde (Belgium)
· Nov 11, 2021: Niel (Belgium)
· Nov 20, 2021: Merksplas (Belgium)
· Dec 4, 2021: Boom (Belgium)
· Dec 27, 2021: Heusden-Zolder (Belgium)
· Dec 29, 2021: Diegem (Belgium)
· Feb 12, 2022: Gavere (Belgium)
**GCN’s complete global cyclo-cross rights portfolio includes:
· Sept 11, 2021 – Feb 5, 2022: Ethias Cross (Exclusive global rights excluding Flemish Belgium)
· Sept 25 – Oct 24, 2021: US CX Series (Exclusive global rights)
· Oct 3, 2021 – Feb 12, 2022: Telenet Superprestige (Exclusive global rights excluding Belgium)
· Oct 10, 2021 – Jan 23, 2022: UCI World Cup (Exclusive rights across Europe excluding Scandinavia and Belgium)
· Nov 1, 2021 – Feb 13, 2022: X2O Badkamers Trofee (Exclusive global rights excluding Flemish Belgium)
· Nov 6-7, 2021: UEC Euro Champs (Exclusive global rights)
· Jan 29-30, 2022: UCI CX World Championships (Exclusive rights across the US and Europe excluding Scandinavia).