Strava Makes Updates to Virtual Activities & Challenges
Strava, the social network for athletes, today announces a new update that will give athletes credit for more. The creators of partner challenges now have the option to allow virtual rides or runs of all types to count toward their challenges on Strava.
Indoor virtual activities are categorized as those that include GPS, distance, elevation, and time data from a simulated route. Strava’s own challenges will continue to count only outdoor run and ride activities towards challenge goals.
Learn more HERE.
Strava is the social network for athletes. Our mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day. All athletes belong on Strava, no matter where they live, which sport they love or what device they use. Join the community at strava.com.
Our favorite stats:
· 16 activities uploaded every second, 11 million every week
· 300+ compatible mobile phones and GPS devices
· 140+ employees, most in San Francisco with more in Hanover and Bristol
· 1,100+ professional athletes are on Strava
· 1 million athletes join every 40 days
· 2.3 billion kudos given between athletes last year
· $7.99 a month to make the most of your sport with Premium, or $59.99 a year
· 130+ cities making commuting better with Strava Metro