Thibaut Pinot – King Of The 2018 Tour of the Alps
PeloPics: Groupama-FDJ’s Thibaut Pinot is the overall winner of the Tour of the Alps as Mark Padun (Bahrain-Merida) took the victory in the final stage in Innsbruck.
Thibaut Pinot claimed the overall success in the 2018 Tour of the Alps, after his second place last year. The Groupama-FDJ rider held the overall leadership he took in Meran on stage 3, beating Italian Domenico Pozzovivo (Bahrain-Merida) and Colombian Miguel Angel Lopez (Astana) by 15 seconds. Chris Froome (Sky) finished fourth at 0:16.
Ukrainian Mark Padun (Bahrain-Merida) grabbed his first pro win in the Tyrol, finishing ahead of George Bennett (LottoNL-Jumbo) and Jan Hirt (Astana) by 5 and 6 seconds.
Tour of the Alps Stage 5 Result:
1. Mark Padun (Ukr) Bahrain-Merida in 4:16:10
2. George Bennett (NZ) LottoNL-Jumbo at 0:05
3. Jan Hirt (Cze) Astana at 0:06
4. Giulio Ciccone (Ita) Bardiani-CSF
5. Ben O’Connor (Aus) Dimension Data
6. Thibaut Pinot (Fra) Groupama-FDJ at 0:09
7. Miguel Angel Lopez (Col) Astana
8. Christopher Froome (GB) Sky
9. Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Bahrain-Merida
10. Kenny Elissonde (Fra) Sky at 0:11.
Tour of the Alps Final Overall Result:
1. Thibaut Pinot (Fra) Groupama-FDJ in 14:12:29
2. Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) Bahrain-Merida at 0:15
3. Miguel Angel Lopez (Col) Astana
4. Christopher Froome (GB) Sky at 0:16
5. Fabio Aru (Ita) UAE Team Emirates at 1:00
6. Luis León Sánchez (Spa) Astana at 1:19
7. George Bennett (NZ) LottoNL-Jumbo at 1:33
8. Ben O’Connor (Aus) Dimension Data at 1:35
9. Giulio Ciccone (Ita) Bardiani-CSF at 1:42
10. Jan Hirt (Cze) Astana at 1:48.