Oliveira Wins Mountain TT
Flavia Oliveira Wins the Climbing Time Trial from Bukowina Tatrzanska to Bukovina Resort
Jolanda Neff keeps the yellow jersey as leader of the GC
The 4-km time trial from Bukowina Tatrzanska uphill to Bukovina Resort opened the second day of the Tour de Pologne Women. It was a long-distance battle against the hands of the stopwatch between Switzerland’s Jolanda Neff (Swiss National Team) and Brazilian Flavia Oliveira (BTC City Ljubljana – Mix). The latter was the fastest and with a time of 9’18 she managed to clinch the test. Jolanda Neff raced to control her advantage in the classification, which she gained yesterday with some serious moves in Zakopane. She closed out the time trial in 4th place, with a time of 9’44”, yet managed to preserve the yellow jersey as leader of the GC. In the climbing time trial second place went to Tetiana Riabchenko (Ukraine National Team), 10” behind Oliveira. Poland’s Paulina Brzezna-Bentkowska, who closed out her test 18” later than the winner, took third place.
“I’m very happy about this victory. I manage to express myself very well on climbs and I really like these types of tests. I took off with the aim of giving it my all and shooting for a good result. When I found out that my time was the best it was really satisfying,” declared the winner, Oliveira.
“I was committed the whole way through, but of course, since I knew I had a discreet advantage in the classification I also tried to manage my energy because yesterday was a very challenging day and also this afternoon we are facing a very hard stage. For now I’m content to have held on to the yellow jersey and I’m looking forward with confidence to the conclusive fraction, where there is sure to be a hard-fought battle,” says Neff.
Jolanda Neff also keeps the lead in the other classifications: The green jersey for best climber (Powered by the Sports and Tourism Ministry), the Hyundai white jersey for the points classification and the Lotto blue jersey as the most active athlete in the pack.
This afternoon the grand finale of the Tour de Pologne Women will take place on the challenging, 78-km circuit of Bukovina Resort-Bukowina Tatrzanska.
Stage 2 Result:
1. OLIVEIRA Flavia (BTC) in 9:18
2. RIABCHENKO Tetiana (UKR) at 0:10
3. BRZEŹNA-BENTKOWSKA Paulina (MAT) at 0:18
4. NEFF Jolanda (SWI) at 0:26
5. SZYBIAK Ewelina (POL) at 0:37
6. PALADIN Soraya (TOG) at 0:42
7. VYSOTSKA Ievgenia (UKR) at 0:46
8. KLEKOT Martyna (PAC) at 0:47
9. BATAGELJ Polona (BTC) at 0:48
10. PŁOSAJ Nikol (UKS) at 0:49.
Overall After Stage 2:
1. NEFF Jolanda (SWI) in 3:12:35
2. OLIVEIRA Flavia (BTC) at 1:13
3. RIABCHENKO Tetiana (UKR) at 2:16
4. SZYBIAK Ewelina (POL) at 2:43
5. BRZEŹNA-BENTKOWSKA Paulina (MAT) at 2:47
6. VYSOTSKA Ievgenia (UKR) at 2:57
7. LELEIVYTE Rasa (VAI) at 2:59
8. PALADIN Soraya (TOG) at 3:11
9. BATAGELJ Polona (BTC) at 3:17
10. RATAJCZAK Alicja (UKS) at 5:45.
Complete classifications at: https://tdpk.infocity.pl/en/etap1/