Tirreno-Adriatico’07: PEZ On Scene
While the boys in France are chilling out at the ‘Race to the Sun’, the lucky pros at Tirreno-Adriatcio are enjoying racing ‘in’ the sun. PEZ’s Ale Federico was on hand at Saturday’s fourth stage, and sent back these pics to make the rest of us envious…
• A nice day must start with a nice breakfast. What is better than some Italian Cornetti? The small bar it’s just few meters from the starting village.
• After the Cornetti it’s time to relax. I choose the pic and I leave to you the girls (I’m married and my wife is very jealous!)
• It’s normal to visit small villages during Tirreno Adriatico. Pievebovigliana is a very nice medieval village in the middle of the Appennines.
• Saturday’s stage four ran 161 km from Pievebovigliana to Offagna.
• Signor Martello is the maker of this strange plastic. It’s a reporoduction of something very important to the Italian tifosi: the mausoleum of Fausto and Serse Coppi. We’ll show to you the original in the next months.
• The Tirreno Adriatico finds always in the Marche Region a beautiful portrait. This is the land of Raffaello and Perugino. Do you understand now where they paints come from?
• Hernandez alone for half stage.
• Saunier Duval-Prodir’s Riccт wins his second stage in a row. During the press conference he recognized that he his the strongest one at the moment in the bunch. Sunday’s hard ITT in Civitanova and Monday’s finishing climb will prove if this 23 year old is ready to come through big.
• Pagliarini is not tired at the arrival.
• Basso left the race after 48 km. After injuring his wrist in a crash Friday, he declared that this race is too nervous in the finals to take uneeded risks.
• Bettini crashed again today. Not a lucky start for him at a race where he usually wins at least one stage.