Gear Break: KANSEPT1 Clothing, TIME Gravel Bike, KASK Mojito³ Helmet, Continental Grand Prix 5000 TT TdF, Unior Truing Stand & SockGuy New Designs
Gear Break: KANSEPT1 ProSpec Rouleur jersey and bib shorts, TIME ADHX and DYNEEMA – The most advanced gravel bike, KASK’s most loved Mojito³ is now ready to sport its new matt colours, Continental announces its fastest-ever performance racing tire: The limited edition Grand Prix 5000 TT TdF, Unior Bike Tools: Introducing the new pro truing stand and SockGuy releases 10 new designs for summer 2022.
KANSEPT1 ProSpec Rouleur Jersey and Bib Shorts
ProSpec Rouleur Jersey – $120
The ProSpec Rouleur jersey is a little different than a lot of other jerseys in that it doesn’t have side panels. It’s basically just two panels: back and front — with the front divided by a full-length YKK (the gold standard of zippers) cam lock zipper. The front is a “solid” fabric and the back is mesh to help vent and wick sweat away. The fit is what I’d call “comfortable” race fit. A size small on my 5’8″ 130 pound ectomorph frame had just enough compression to “cling” to me but not so much compression that it “squeezed.” This is a trend I’m seeing in other “race” jerseys (that are really for riding, not racing) and KANSEPT1 has done it right. What also makes the jersey comfortable is that the fabric is soft and smooth against bare skin (although I always a base layer for wicking purposes).
Full zip and the requisite three rear pockets plus a secure zipper pocket
- Designed + engineered for style, comfort, speed and endurance
- Stitch-free full front SpeedZip is aerodynamic and operates easily with one hand
- Rear HiddenZip stows cash, keys and other essentials in a water-resistant StealthPocket
- Lower back AeroGripper keeps jersey comfortably in place
- Low profile stitch-free sleeve and hem construction enhances fit + aerodynamics
- Reflective detail on lower rear center pocket
- AEROtomic fit is aerodynamic, comfortable and flattering
- SpeedSilk and MicroMesh premium polyester + spandex blends enhance fit, comfort, sweat management and quick dry performance
- SpeedSilk and MicroMesh are UPF 50+ (UV/SPF)
Low cut collar and laser cut sleeves that you’d expect on a “race” jersey
ProSpec Rouleur Bib Shorts – $175
The ProSpec Rouleur bib shorts are multi-panel construction (I counted 5 in the shorts section plus the leg gripper panels and 3 in the Y-back section plus the bib straps). The “main” panels are a “solid” stretch fabric, but the two side panels are a more “sheer” fabric that more readily provides venting/wicking. The Y-back is a mesh fabric and the laser cut, lay flat bib straps (pretty much the new standard for bib straps) are also mesh.
Comfortable laser cut bib straps are the new normal
Made in Italy chamois has different padding thicknesses and densities for the down under bits
The ProSpec Rouleur bib shorts (size small for me) have the same level of comfort as the jersey. The compression is just tight enough that I couldn’t just slip them on. But it wasn’t so tight that it was like trying to squeeze into a pair of impossibly tight skinny jeans. And once on, the bibs had compression you could feel but without any dreaded sausage effect.
Wide leg gripper panels that grip firmly but softly
Most of us don’t have a reason to carry a race radio but the back pocket on the bibs can be used to stow a smart phone wallet
- Designed + engineered for style, comfort, speed and endurance
- Ymesh adaptive suspension for all day comfort and performance
- Built-in SweetSpot lower back pocket secure snacks, phones and other essentials
- AeroGrippers keep legs comfortably in place
- Italian-made ProSpec Endurance 3D chamois is designed + engineered for all day saddle comfort and protection
- Reflective Flamme Rouge logo details front and back
- AEROtomic fit is aerodynamic, comfortable and flattering
- QuattroMax and QuattroGrid premium nylon + spandex blends enhance fit, comfort, sweat management and abrasion resistance
If you want to complete the look and go all matchy-matchy with socks
My first ride in the KANSEPT1 ProSpec Rouleur kit was a 75-miler (coincidentally, a rouleur-like ride) on a 80(F)-something day. I received some very nice compliments on the look of the Squadra Stripes Celeste Green/Obisdian Black/White version of the jersey (you don’t have to ride a Bianchi to wear it, but it would look total class if you did). IMHO, it’s a classy and classic look. Although not the sweltering heat and humidity that’s the norm in July in Babylon on the Potomac, it was still hot enough and the ProSpec Rouleur kit was up to snuff for the occasion. I pretty much rode the whole ride with my jersey nearly fully zipped. And the bibs (especially the chamois) were comfortable for 5+ hours (including rest stops). For me, the chamois provided the right amount of firmness and padding. Oh … and we got caught in a pretty good (and unexpected based on the forecast) rain shower about mile 60 for 15-20 minutes. The kit got soaked but I didn’t feel like a wet dog. And when the sun came back out towards the end of the ride, it was enough to dry the kit out enough that it wasn’t soaked when I got home and took it off.
Before the rain
My final verdict: IMHO the KANSEPT1 ProSpec Rouleur jersey and bib shorts are as good as any other kit I’ve ridden — some of it at a lot higher price points. Not everyone wants (or needs) full-on race fit kit, so the concept of “comfortable race fit” makes a lot of sense for a lot (maybe the majority) of riders (just know that it’s still very much form fitting so you won’t be able to hide any extra pounds/kilos). If you’re in the market for warm/hot weather “race level” kit but are just doing serious riding (or if you race and want training kit that’s on par with race kit), put KANSEPT1 on your radar.
I know style is in the eye of the beholder, but I’ll let you, dear PEZ reader, be the judge
- More info at: kansept1.com.
TIME ADHX and DYNEEMA – The Most Advanced Gravel Bike
LIGHTER, STRONGER & SMARTER
Dyneema® has been making headlines in the cycling news for a few years now, but to date very few manufacturers have been able to incorporate this advanced material in their products. This is due largely to the limitations of prepreg carbon construction – bike manufacturers are restricted to the more common fibres offered by large carbon suppliers, and the high temperatures used for curing prepreg frames is above the recommended maximum for Dyneema® fibers.
TIME is different. Because we weave our own Braided Carbon Structures (BCS) we have been able to incorporate sustainable Bio-Based Dyneema® fibres since they first became available from DSM. Additionally, the lower resin curing temperature of the RTM injection process is well within the recommended range for Dyneema®.
DYNEEMA® FIBER IS 15X STRONGER THAN STEEL
Dyneema® fiber is 15x stronger than steel at the same weight, with a tensile strength up to 43 cN/dtex. Dyneema® fiber is so light that it floats on water and furthermore has a very high modulus (resistance against deformation).
Compared to other generic HMPE fibers, bio-based Dyneema® emits 29 tonnes less CO2 per metric ton of fiber produced. This is the equivalent CO2 released by charging 3.7 million smartphones, or the amount of CO2 absorbed by growing 480 tree seedlings for 10 years.
ADHX – NOW AVAILABLE
We have been shipping ADHX frames in XS, SM and MD to customers all over the world. LG and XL will be following shortly. Visit our website for complete information about this amazing bike and use the Distributor Locator to learn who carries TIME bicycles in your region.
- More info at: www.timebicycles.com
LEVEL UP YOUR STYLE THIS SUMMER
KASK’s most loved Mojito³ is now ready to sport its new matt colours
KASK, the renowned Italian cycling helmet manufacturer, announces the launch of its new Limited Edition Capsule Collection for the its famed Mojito³ helmet. Consisting of five new matt colours, the helmet is perfect for cycling enthusiasts looking to personalise their outfit. The Mojito³ will be sure to turn heads on the road with its five new stylish colours, each a classy matt finish:
ATLANTIC BLUE MATT | BLOODSTONE MATT | GREY MATT | OLIVE GREEN MATT | WHITE MATT
On roads or gravel tracks, the new colours take the flexibility of the Mojito³ to the next level, and even those who pay greatest attention to their cycling style will find exactly what they want.
Form and function with the perfect fit
The new Mojito³ Capsule Collection builds on the strengths of its former iterations. The unmistakable front lines, iconic tail and classic rounded lower shell, the Mojito³ stands up the rest with its optimised ventilation system and extreme comfort.
When it comes to functionality, the Mojito³ doesn’t cut any corners. To keep its comfortability true, the Mojito³ opts for KASK’s exclusive ergonomic Octo Fit head retention system, enabling riders to fine-tune the helmet’s position on the head, and adjusting the straps precisely to fit. Sitting at a feathery 230g (in size medium), there is no doubt that the Mojito³ is fit for racing. Reflective graphics guarantee improved visibility through low light conditions; something every rider will appreciate.
The perfect fit, light weight and ventilation have made the Mojito³ an iconic “must have” for many cyclists and now, with the latest colours, the new Mojito³ Capsule Collection is packaged into a stunning and contemporary design, offering the rider both function and form.
The new Mojito³ Capsule Collection is available from KASK retailers worldwide.
Mojito³ in White Matt, Grey Matt and Olive Green Matt – three of five colourways available
- Find out more about the KASK Mojito³ here.
- To find out more about KASK’s rigorous helmet safety testing, visit www.kask.com/safety/.
Continental Announces its Fastest-Ever Performance Racing Tire: The Limited Edition Grand Prix 5000 TT TdF
The Grand Prix 5000 TT TdF tire honours the rich history of time trials at the world’s most iconic cycling race, while offering racers a product focused on pure speed
Continental has today announced the launch of the Grand Prix 5000 TT TdF – the latest speed-focussed tubeless ready bicycle tire to join the award-winning Grand Prix 5000 range. Just like the Tour de France itself, the new Grand Prix 5000 TT TdF has been created to take racing performance one step further.
The ultimate speed-focussed road racing tire, the Grand Prix 5000 TT TdF gives racing cyclists the lowest possible weight and coefficient of rolling resistance, enabling a saving of 17 seconds over a 40 kilometre time trial when compared to Continental’s Grand Prix 5000 S TR. This remarkable time-saving has been achieved thanks to optimised tread thickness and construction to reduce material deformation at the contact point between road and tire.
This latest tire follows Continental’s hugely successful Grand Prix 5000 S TR, released in October 2021 and ridden to victory by Grand Tour stage winners and world champions alike – including Filippo Ganna’s (INEOS-Grenadiers) World Championship time trial victory in September as well as Sonny Colbrelli’s win (Bahrain-Victorious) at Paris-Roubaix.
Developed in an ongoing partnership with the world’s fastest pro cyclists, the Grand Prix 5000 TT TdF is 35grams lighter in 25-622 than Continental’s Grand Prix 5000 S TR. As with every Continental Grand Prix 5000 tire in 25-622 the new TT TdF tire is hookless compatible up to 21 TSS and tubeless ready, giving racers the freedom to choose their preferred tire setup.
Available exclusively in the black sidewall colourway, the Grand Prix 5000 TT TdF utilises Continental’s unique BlackChili Compound for the ultimate balance of rolling resistance and grip; Vectran Breaker liquid crystal-polymers for puncture protection and five-times greater tear resistance than a comparable nylon breaker; Lazer Grip expanding profile structure for outstanding cornering; and Active Comfort Technology for vibration absorption to smoothen the ride.
Oliver Anhuth, Head of Marketing TwoWheel Tires, Continental, said: “There is nowhere better to celebrate speed and performance than at the Tour de France. Time trial stages in particular can throw the general classification into chaos, with a yellow jersey won or lost by a fraction of a second, so it’s absolutely critical that riders are confident that they’re using equipment that helps them to exceed their expectations against the clock. Continental will stop at nothing to offer the perfect tire to meet the demands of these performance-focussed riders and their teams.”
Key features of the Grand Prix 5000 TT TdF:
- Weight – 215g
- Dimensions – 25-622
- Technology – Black Chili compound, Vectran Breaker, LazerGrip, Active Comfort Technology
Pricing and availability
- Available to purchase from 1st July worldwide, RRP 99.99€ per tire.
- More info at: www.conti-bicycletires.com
Unior Bike Tools: Introducing – The New Pro Truing Stand 1689
Version 2.0 of our Pro Truing Strand – an evolution born from collaboration with professional mechanics.
We redesigned many of its features. The base has been made stronger for improved precision and we also added conical one-size-fits-all magnetic through axle adapters that can be stored anywhere on the base (included).
The arms have been made longer to better accommodate 29+ wheels and the calipers widened accordingly.
Here is a full list of the improvements:
- stronger base for improved precision
- longer and redesigned upright arms for improved clearance of 29+ wheels and truing precision
- wider calipers for increased clearance of 29+ wheels
- accommodates wider axles, works with through axle hubs up to 197mm width (includes the use of adapters). Max opening 230mm (without use of adapters)
- new bearings on the upright arm adjust axle are spring loaded for improved precision and reduced frequency of calibration
- redesigned caliper tips for easier radial truing
- revised threads and springs for smoother operation
- 8mm bench mount holes at the bottom, 268mm centre to centre
- slicker design – all black
- comes with conical magnetic through axle adapters – one-size-fits-all (12, 15, 20mm). The adapters can be affixed anywhere on the base. Features a bolt for more permanent fix on the upright arms
- includes white high gloss stickers, covering the base and caliper arm, for improved background contrast (stickers are not pre-applied)
- accepts wheels from 16″ to 29+” with or without tire
- supports solid, quick release and through axle hubs
- through axle hubs are supported by the use of the adapters (included with stand)
- one pair of through axle adapters supports all sized of through axles
Standard features (same as before):
- the geometry of the calipers enables simultaneous axial control for accurate truing of the rim
- the calipers enable simultaneous radial control of the wheel position on both sides, with an additional possibility to control radial symmetry in relation to the hub
- replaceable composite caliper tips prevent scratching the rim
- the upright arms position can be adjusted with an upright adjustment knob to fit the axle width. The caliper arm position can be adjusted to fit the wheel radius and the caliper tip distance to fit the rim width
- when changing the wheel, the spring-loaded upright arms and the caliper arm can be quickly pulled away, automatically springing back to a set position when inserting a new wheel. This enables faster truing of several same size wheels
- brake rotor truing can be done with the additional calipers inserted into slots in the upright arm (art.1689.2)
- Cannondale Lefty® front wheels can be trued with the use of Cannondale Lefty® adapter for truing stand (art.1689.6)
- pro truing stand can be calibrated with calibration tool for Pro truing stand (art.1689.1)
- More info at: uniortools.com.
SockGuy Releases 10 New Designs for Summer 2022
SockGuy has 10 new designs engineered to inspire athletes everywhere from roadies, mountain bikers, runners, hikers, and gym freaks. As usual, we’re keeping it weird and fun!
Bolts & Checks
These bright and showy performance socks will shock you. What? We live for puns. And so do you – don’t lie. These dazzling socks strike down ignorance and illuminate truth.
Bat Boy & Bigfoot Hooker
If you don’t know Bat Boy and Bigfoot Hooker, you don’t know what you’re missing! In honor of Bat Boy’s 30th anniversary of being discovered by World Weekly News, we put him on socks, and he’s thrilled!
The truth is – cancer sucks. We’ve been making socks for the charity organization Cancer Sucks for more than 10 years, and it was time for a refresh. The new designs are sure to get noticed no matter where you wear them!
With 26 years as sock experts, SockGuy has been providing athletes, outdoor enthusiasts, and pretty much everyone else with a high-performance fit and cool designs for hard-working/hard-playing feet. SockGuy socks are manufactured right here in the USA – no outsourcing, no cutting corners – just great-fitting, no blistering, high-styling socks.
- See all of our new designs here.
- MSRP is $11.95-$22.95.
- High-resolution photos and product samples available upon request.
- SockGuy socks are available in fine athletic retailers around the world and online at SockGuy.com.
Note: PEZCyclingNews ask that you contact the manufacturers before using any products you see here. Only the manufacturer can provide accurate and complete information on proper / safe use, handling, maintenance and or installation of products as well as any conditional information or product limitations.