Gear Break: BASSO Bikes, Limar New Air Stratos, Kuat Rack, BlackHeart Bike, SockGuy, & Strava
More Great Gear
Gear Break: BASSO Bikes use motorcycle crates for fast gravel bikes, discover the new Limar Air Stratos, Kuat releases the all-new Piston™ Pro X hitch rack, BlackHeart Bike Company has launched a new aluminum version of its titanium Allroad frameset, spooky SockGuy socks for Halloween and you can now add gear to your Strava profile.
BASSO Bikes: #wedopalta …Again
As you might have already seen should you live near one of our top dealers, there is news brewing here at BASSO HQ. The next generation of gravel is on the way and the wooden crates placed around the world at our top dealerships serve as a bit of foreshadowing for what is to come. Motorcycle crates for fast gravel bikes seemed to be a coherent means of shipping as well as communication.
- More information: palta.bassobikes.com
Discover the New Limar Air Stratos
The new LIMAR AIR STRATOS has arrived.
Discover it in all its multi features
Ideal for the gravel world and bike-packing, but perfect also on road
AIR STRATOS is a high performance all-terrain helmet for fast, light gravel and adventure riding. This robust and lightweight model has been designed from the ground up to keep the weight low and the comfort high.
With a strong and resistant structure, designed to run freely for thousands of kilometers, Air Stratos is particularly suitable for the gravel world and for bike-packing expeditions, so to travel anywhere.
Air Stratos is the perfect combination of strength and lightness: very light helmet, with a well distributed weight, in size M only 240 gr, for an absolute comfort. Available in two sizes and seven colors.
Ready for the perfect mix of racing and adventure? With Air Stratos you can live your adventures everywhere, surrounded by wonderful scenery, riding on your bike with style, fun and in total safety!
- Technology: Double in mould pc-eps shell
- Air Vents: 15 air vents, inner air flow channels
- Sizing System: AirFit-System with height adjustment and webbing connection
- Pads: Antibacterial and washable comfort pads
- Fit: Comfort
- Size (CM): M (53-57) – L (57-61)
- Weight (G): M 240 – L 250
- More info at: https://limar.com/air-stratos/
Kuat Releases the All-New Piston™ Pro X
In 2008, we set out to rethink the hitch rack from the ground up. We tinkered, we engineered, and we evolved. Our latest creation is the most advanced and easy to use rack we have made.
Meet Piston™ Pro X
When we started creating Piston™ Pro X, we took our design successes, and failures, and set out to improve on all of them. We knew we wanted one hand, one-tap pneumatic operation with zero contact on the bike frame. We wanted LED taillights and simple, tool-free adjustable tire chock slides for all bikes sizes and tires. Finally, we wanted the most durable materials and coatings. All things we knew we wanted in a rack, but had never seen together in one. And, after years of hard work, we are more than a little excited to share this revolutionary rack with you.
Key features of Piston™ Pro X:
- All aluminum construction with a steel hitch
It’s burly and designed to stay that way. Our all-metal construction and ten-year, no-fade Tiger Powder coat, means it will look great for the long haul.
- Dual Genuine Kashima Coat hydro-pneumatic tire arms
Our exclusive partnership with Genuine Kashima Coat brings the most advanced coating on the planet where you need it. One simple tap and the hydro-pneumatic arms open wide, then you just ratchet them in to fit on your bike tire perfectly—no contact with the frame. Beautiful and amazingly durable, it makes bells and whistles jealous.
- Integrated LED taillights with magnetic quick-connect plug-in cable
Perhaps our brightest idea yet. Folded or flat, these integrated LED lights make sure your beautiful ride doesn’t block the taillights on your rig. Attaching is über simple with a magnetic plug that fits right into your trailer light connection.
- One-handed FastFit™ tool free tire chock slides
Whether you are rolling on smallish wheels or beefy tires, you won’t need any adapters or tools to make them fit. Just squeeze and slide to adjust the arms to hold 18”-29” tires up to 5” wide up to a 53” wheelbase.
- Flatlock™ hitch cam with lockable, tamper resistant install tool
No more wondering where you put that tool you need to make your rack wobble free. It’s right where you need it when you need it, held in place magnetically. Plus, you can lock it up for added security.
- Hitch lock and semi-integrated cable lock
The hitch lock keeps the rack secured so no one can slide it out when you are not looking, and the semi-integrated 12mm cable lock makes sure your bike stays locked up tight on while looking tight. Our FlatLock™ hitch cam is also a security tool for double safety.
- QuickConnect™ Add-ons
When you have more than two bikes, quickly add one or two additional riders with our QuickConnect™ one bike or two bike add-on. The modular design makes attaching the additional trays super simple and the end pull handle makes pivoting the rack up or down convenient. Even easier than that? The lights automatically connect.
- Optional eBike Ramp and selective bike unloading
Easily load and unload heavier cruisers and e-bikes with the optional eBike ramp and save the grunt work for the ride. AND, no need to take off the front bikes to get to the back one. Piston™ Pro X makes selective bike unloading a simple option.
All of these features and so much more. Piston™ Pro X from Küat.
The hitch rack, evolved.
- More info at: https://www.kuat.com
BlackHeart Bike Company, Based in Venice Beach, CA, has Launched a New Aluminum Version of its Flagship Titanium Allroad Frameset
First launched in January 2020, the titanium allroad bike is known for its telepathic handling and lively ride on road, and its playful and confident handling off road.
The aluminum version has the exact same design, geometry, and features – but is half the price.
We believe this bike is perfect for the majority of cycling enthusiasts who love to ride road and gravel – but don’t care about marginal aero gains of aero road bikes, don’t need the full capability of gravel-specific bikes, and can’t justify owning two bikes.
It’s one bike that looks and handles like a road bike while having the capability for most gravel adventures.
Main Talking Points
- Break the mold – Ride aluminum
- Durable, Double-butted aluminum frame that won’t let you down in a crash
- Oversized main triangle for sharp, confident handling
- Thin seat stays and carbon seatpost for a compliant ride
- Same carbon fork as the Ti bike
- $1375 frameset is half the price of the $2750 titanium frameset
- $2900 105/Ultegra RX build
- $3400 Rival eTap AXS build with upgraded Hunt alloy wheels
- Custom fork paint will continue to be an option for $200-$300 depending on design and number of colors
- Framesets and builds begin delivery in February 2022
- Available DTC on BlackHeart website and through select dealer network
- Pre-orders available now at blackheartbikeco.com
Spooky SockGuy Socks for Halloween
Bring out the fright this Halloween with these high performance crew socks featuring a neon yellow cat on one side and a neon yellow ghost and tombstone on the other. All this on signature black and purple stripes.
- Ultra-wicking acrylic base with superior softness and stretch to eliminate hot spots and blisters.
- Mesh upper for ultimate airflow.
- Exclusive Easy-Fit cuff never falls down.
- Unique Stretch-to-Fit sizing system for a perfect fit on a wide range of foot sizes.
- Double-stitched nylon heel & toe for durability and longevity.
- Off-beat, original designs only SockGuy can provide!
- See the full SockGuy Halloween collection at: www.sockguy.com
Add Gear to Your Strava Profile
Strava have announced an update that will give athletes the ability to add gear to their profiles via the mobile app, specifically shoes and bikes. This update brings a long-requested web feature to mobile, creating parity between surfaces.
More information on what’s new:
- For runners, walkers, hikers, it’s not always common knowledge among new/experiential runners that shoes have a shelf life. Cushioning, shock absorption and stability decrease over time and can cause unnecessary aches and pains or even injury.
- For cyclists, Mileage can be useful to track, helping to plan upgrade/maintenance schedules, or just for reflection, to influence future purchases.
- This brings a web-only feature to mobile, creating parity between surfaces.
How to Access Feature:
Profile > Gear > Add
- More info at: www.strava.com.
Note: PEZCyclingNews ask that you contact the manufacturers before using any products you see here. Only the manufacturer can provide accurate and complete information on proper / safe use, handling, maintenance and or installation of products as well as any conditional information or product limitations.