Gear Break: Swiftwick, SRAM, Sidi, Muc-Off, Endura & VeloInk
This week's new cycling kit
What’s new in this week’s Gear Break? Swiftwick Vision medical hero socks, SRAM launches RED eTap AXS 36T max rear derailleur, Sidi Mega: performance and extra comfort, Muc-Off launches Dry Shower, Endura’s FS260 bib and jersey and VeloInk personalized decals.
Swiftwick Vision Medical Hero Socks
Swiftwick is launching a limited edition sock in honor of the healthcare workers that have helped to keep us safe through a tumultuous year. The Vision Medical Hero socks drop Monday, Feb 8, and will be available at 50% off while supplies last. Made with high-quality wicking fibers and moderate compression to support long days on your feet, the Medical Hero socks are a perfect gift for the health care heroes in your life, or a great way to show your support!
● See the Vision Medical Hero socks at: swiftwick.com
SRAM Launches RED eTap AXS 36T Max Rear Derailleur
Summit the steep stuff. Whether you’re riding the toughest grades you can find or just keeping your legs fresh for the final climb on a long day, lower gears will let you thrive. The SRAM RED eTap AXS 36T Max rear derailleur expands the possibilities of your SRAM RED groupset. Originally introduced for the Force eTap AXS group, now a SRAM RED-equipped bike can be built with a sub-1:1 gear ratio. 20% grades and tough terrain don’t stand a chance.
SRAM RED eTap AXS 36T max rear derailleur
The SRAM RED eTap AXS 36T Max rear derailleur works with the XG-1270 10-36T cassette and cassette sizes down to 10-28T so you always have the gears you need. Pair with the 1x or 2x chainrings of your choice to personalize your gearing. The Orbit chain management, X-SYNC pulleys and ceramic bearings will ensure quiet, efficiency and durability over the long miles.
● X-Range gearing technology gives you more range and a smoother gear progression, so you’re always in the right gear
● Use with XG-1270 10-36T cassette for maximum range
● Compatible with cassettes from 10-28T to 10-36T, for 1x and 2x
● SRAM AXS enabled for easy personalization
● Orbit chain management technology keeps drivetrain quiet and secure
● Large X-SYNC pulleys and ceramic bearings for increased durability and efficiency
● Compatible with existing eTap batteries
● Shop for SRAM FORCE Etap Derailleurs at Amazon here
SRAM Force XG-1270 cassette finish update
Starting in February, Force cassettes will change to Nickel-Chrome finish.
● 10-36T cassette requires a RED or Force 36T Max rear derailleur
● Available in 10-28T, 10-33T, 10-36T (10-26T discontinued).
● Information at www.sram.com
● Shop for SRAM FORCE Force XG-1270 cassette at Amazon here
Sidi Mega: Performance and Extra Comfort
The Mega models feature a modified fit to suit all requests.
According to his customers’ feedback, Sidi introduces the Mega fit available for Ergo 5, Dragon 5, Alba 2, and Trace 2 so as to respond to all cyclists’ needs. This fit is specifically conceived for riders who have larger foot shape and high instep, or anyone who wants to ride in a less constricted way.
This particular category has been specifically designed to satisfy those riders who are unable to accommodate their feet properly in a standard model, despite trying different sizes and using a special memory insole available in cases where a special support is needed.
The Mega shoes have 2 extra mm on each side, at the level of the metatarsal area. They are 6 mm larger than a normal shoe, yet keep the same volume and guarantee all the characteristics of a performing product. Mega simply means wider.
Consumers can distinguish a Mega shoe from a special icon while browsing the official website, and from the word MEGA applied on the four models when visiting a cycling shop. Both the icon and the inscription certify the fact that the fit is different from the normal one.
More about the models
Alba 2 and Trace 2, effective performances and affordable price.
The Sidi Alba 2 shoes offer quality and compactness at a small price. They are made with Politex, a material consisting of multiple layers with different physical-mechanical features combined with two fabrics, which provides resistance and durability. The Millennium 4 Carbon Composite sole is resistant and waterproof. The closure is ensured by two velcro straps and the strong TECNO-3 mechanism that allows to close the shoes along their entire length, adjusting the upper to the foot anatomy and providing the proper micro-adjustment.
● Shop for Sidi Alba shoes at Amazon here
Trace 2 is the off-road version and it presents the same features with a specific sole, expressly shaped to guarantee great grip and high stability, facilitating mud dispersion. Made of nylon with TPU inserts, the MTB RS17 sole is the outcome of an optimal mix of stiffness for pedaling and ideal flex.
● Shop for Sidi Trace shoes at Amazon here
Ergo 5 and Dragon 5, a great blend of lightness and durability.
Ergo 5 is made with Microtech Microfibre, a light, breathable, water-resistant and eco-friendly material, ensuring comfort and lightness. The stiffness is guaranteed by the Twelve Carbon Composite sole, created with carbon fibre and nylon blended together. The closure is made up of the strong patented TECNO-3 mechanism combined with the Soft Instep Closure System-4, a soft strap that can be tightened on both sides to distribute pressure evenly over the instep area, thereby guaranteeing greater security.
● Shop for Sidi Ergo 5 shoes at Amazon here
The Dragon 5 perfectly mirrors these characteristics of lightness and breathability but in the off-road version which features the MTB SRS Carbon Composite sole composed of four inserts screwed, easily removable and replaceable.
● See more form Sidi at: www.sidi.com
Muc-Off Launches Dry Shower in the US
Muc-Off Dry Shower is an innovative body wash designed for people on the move. Whether you’re a cyclist, commuter, lunch time trainer, festival goer, camper, backpacker, trail runner, motorcyclist or just an all round active person. Dry Shower is the perfect way to freshen up without water!
Specifically formulated to clean and kill odor with its gentle, yet effective, coconut derived cleaning ingredients. Dry Shower leaves you feeling (and smelling) fresh and clean. We’ve even made sure Dry Shower is safe to use by creating a formula that’s free from Parabens and Formaldehyde.
With Dry Shower’s foaming action simply apply and rub in with your hands, then leave to dry or wipe off with a towel.
Dry Shower is suitable for Vegans and is cruelty free.
● Formulated with coconut
● Kills odor causing germs and bacteria
● No water or towel needed
● Paraben and Formaldehyde free
● Ingredients: Aqua(Water), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Glycol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Didecyldimonium Chloride, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Parfum, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol, CI 17200, Coumarin.
● More Muc-Off info at: us.muc-off.com
Endura’s FS260 Bib and Jersey Continue to Lead the Pack
Category defining clothing provide the ultimate balance between performance and value.
Endura’s third-generation FS260 line is the epitome of bang for your buck. These mavericks of cycling clothing continue to set the pace with an astute blend of features. From the ultra-comfy 600 Series Pad in the FS260 Pro bibshorts, to the optional relaxed fit for the FS260-PRO S/S Jersey II, down to the tiniest details like the reflective twin stripe detail on the bibshorts rear hem, Endura knows what you want and need.
Endura does not take the easy route. Their garments are first put through strenuous lab tests and then put through the ringer in their Scotland home before they hit the shelves and the road. It’s not just the pros who need a high level of performance and many features of the FS260 line are directly descended from Endura’s close partnerships with UCI World Tour teams. This is gear you can count on.
Bibshort with power performance fabric and a premium computer cut gel pad.
● High quality Italian Lycra® fabric
● 600 series pad, computer cut “Continuously Variable Profile” (CVP) stretch pad with gel inserts and antibacterial finish
● Pre-curved race fit
● Wicking upper-mesh for optimal breathability
● Raw edge grip rib hem with super fine silicone grippers
● Reflective trim detail on rear hem bands
● MSRP: $139.99.
● Shop Endura FS260 Bibshorts at Amazon here
Performance fabrics, an athletic fit and ample storage makes this a great go-to road jersey for epic days on the bike.
● Rapid wicking knit fabric offers fast drying performance
● Close fit Lycra® sleeves with raw edge cuff and silicone for grip
● Athletic cut for non-flap race fit
● Full length front zip
● 4 open rear pockets plus zipped security pocket
● Available in both standard and relaxed fit
● MSRP: $89.99
● Shop Endura FS260 Pro S/S Jersey at Amazon here
● See the Endura full range at: www.endurasport.com
VeloInk Personalized Decals
VeloInk makes personalized decals for adding a pro finish to your bikes and helmets. Featuring a huge selection of flags and club logos that grows daily, a variety of templates, and 100% satisfaction guarantee. VeloInk decals are waterproof and durable, made from the same vinyl used for vehicle graphic wraps.
● Create your own PRO decals at: veloink.com.
● You can see more VeloInk on Chuck Peña’s Colnago V3 HERE.
Note: PezCyclingNews ask that you contact the manufacturers before using any products you see here. Only the manufacturer can provide accurate and complete information on proper / safe use, handling, maintenance and or installation of products as well as any conditional information or product limitations.