Holiday Gift Guide #1: Sportful Fiandre No Rain Jacket, Blann Prints, CORE Deals, MAAP Bib 2.0, Nathan Bottle & RGT
The Holidays Start Here
The PEZ Gift Guide: The holidays are not too far away, so here is the first PEZ Gift Guide: Sportful Fiandre Light No Rain jacket, Michael Blann: Order a framed print in time for Christmas, CORE – Black Friday deals, MAAP//Pro Bib 2.0 – Performance Through Design, Nathan QuickSqueeze insulated handheld bottle and RGT Cycling shakes up usability with move to single app.
This one’s perfect for cool and damp days, worn over a base layer, or layered under a vest for more warmth. As part of Sportful’s Fiandre Product line the overall concept is a focus on comfort and breathability, rather than total weather protection against the rain.
While I’m showing the 20/21 model, the jacket has been updated for 2022, with Gore Infinium fabric on the front areas and sleeves. The rear detail on the shoulders is now a double, semi detached layer offering a little more protection whilst promoting a little air flow to help regulate the body temp.
The front panel and sleeves block wind and repel water, while the back panel is a fleece-sided poly (they call it “No Rain Light”) to repel light rain, allow breathability, and add some warmer comfort.
The fit on these matches other Sportful kit I’ve tried – snug. That’s me in the Medium sized jacket up top there. I’ve worn this one on cooler Spring and Fall days, but if you run naturally hot, this will take you deeper into the cold weather too. – Pez.
See it and buy it online at Sportful.com here.
• BLACK FRIDAY Sale – Use the Code “BLACK21” to save 20% Off during Sportful’s Black Friday sale.
Michael Blann: Order a Framed Print in Time for Christmas
Get your Christmas shopping done early this year and gift a limited edition print from the Mountains, Roubaix or Landscape collections.
Final day for orders to arrive before Christmas is Thursday 16th December for UK shipping and Friday 10th December for international shipping.
The limited edition Giclée prints are signed and numbered by Michael Blann and printed using Epson state of the art inkjet printers on the finest museum grade paper (Hahnemühle Photo Rag) and are available in three different sizes – see prints for current sizing and availability. Framing can also be arrange if purchased before the end of Nov.
Discover Mountains – click each image below to discover in more detail:
• Buy Michael Blann’s book Mountains: Epic Cycling Climbs at Amazon here
CORE – Black Friday Deals
- 20% off of CORE. This includes free shipping to US, UK, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
- Special Black Friday Bundle. Includes a CORE and a heart rate monitor for 249 CHF (202 GBP, 236 EUR, 270 USD). Also includes free shipping to US, UK, Canada, Mexico and Europe.
What is CORE?
CORE is the only wearable non-invasive, continuous, and accurate Core Body Temperature monitoring solution.
Is CORE right for me?
The device is validated for intense sports activity, as well as for daily use. Please, read more about CORE validated use cases.
The innovative sensor technology is built into a compact waterproof device that can be comfortably worn during sports activities, at work, or all day long.
- Compact: 50 mm x 40 mm x 8.35 mm and weighs 12 grams
- Provides medical-grade accuracy according to ISO_80601-2-56, Mean Absolute Deviation of 0.21 °C
- Non-invasive (used on the chest)
- Not impacted by environment thermal influences
- Battery life: 6 days continuous transmission time (up to 6 weeks with sleep mode)
- Rechargeable lithium-polymer battery (via USB cable supplied)
- Waterproof up to 1.5m (refer to IPX7)
- Bluetooth BLE & ANT+ Connectivity
- APP support: iOS, Android, WatchOS, Wear OS, and Garmin ConnectIQ.
- USB charging cable
- Adhesive patches
- Strap securing clips
- Android/iOS App for data downloading
CORE has accompanying Smart Phone Apps available for iOS and Android.
Apps for selected Smartwatches including Garmin, AppleWatch, some wearOS watches.
CORE connects to Garmin devices with the CORE ConnectIQ App.
Wahoo devices can also be connected to CORE.
It is also compatible with selected popular third-party software and integration with more devices and software is continuing.
MAAP//Pro Bib 2.0 – Performance Through Design
MAAP introduced their high performance Pro Bib Shorts to the cycling world in 2019. Always pushing the boundaries of performance through design and with two years of research and development, the all new reengineered Pro Bib 2.0 has landed. No compromises, fabricated with grit.
Crafted with a unique lightweight 3D aero structured finish to deliver a firm compressive fit, the Pro Bib 2.0 is constructed with reshaped ergonomic panels, contoured to move and flow effortlessly with a body in motion. Raw cut knitted fabric seamlessly minimizes pressure and maximizes comfort while all critical seams have been flatlock stitched to prevent abrasion.
The Bib Shorts feature their signature ergonomically engineered thermo moulded chamois and an antimicrobial microfibre top liner with laser cut perforations for breathability. UPF50+ provides UV protection for long days in the saddle, paired with reflective branding to ensure visibility.
“We’ve invested heavily in R&D for Pro Bib 2.0”, said Jarrad Lory Smith, MAAP Co-Founder. “Your bib shorts are the foundation of your kit. If you’re not comfortable, you’re going to struggle on the bike. We’ve elevated the technical functions in these bib shorts with supportive compression that will aid with blood flow and recovery – two very important benefits for cyclists, no matter which level of performance you’re at.”
- Ultimate lightweight construction utilizing highly breathable and quick drying compression fabrics
- 4 way stretch compression fabric enhances blood flow and recovery during efforts
- Unique woven structure of fabric reduces drag while enhancing aerodynamic air flow
- High abrasion resistance and anti pilling function
- UV protection UPF 50+
- Men’s: Utilizes MAAP’s Proprietary 3D Thermo Moulded multi (3 layer) density chamois – OEKO-TEX® Certified
- Women’s: Women’s specific Elastic Interface developed dual density thermo moulded chamois – OEKO-TEX® certified
- Ergonomically engineered chamois has laser cut perforations for breathability and antimicrobial microfibre top liner
- Reshaped, ergonomic leg panels engineered for optimal stretch, recovery and shape retention
- All critical seams are flatlock stitched to eliminate abrasion
- No inner leg seam eliminates saddle contact and pressure points occurring
- Raw cut front top edge of bib creates a seamless fit
- High airflow back mesh panel for ultimate breathability
- Reflective branding and back leg tabs
- Custom printed silicone hem gripper
- Suspender and hems elastics are OEKO-TEX® Certified
- All fabrications are Italian made and OEKO-TEX® Certified
- Explore with Pro Bib 2.0 and MAAP’s latest arrivals via maap.cc or your local MAAP dealer.
Released earlier this year, the QuickSqueeze is Nathan’s latest innovation in handheld hydration. Featuring a flat bottom that you can easily set down and dual layer insulation that keeps your water from freezing, this water bottle is perfect for people who love running or are looking to get into it.
More info at: www.nathansports.com
RGT Cycling Shakes Up Usability With Move to Single App
- ‘Project Échappée’ consolidates previous Mobile & Screen apps into one standalone app for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android devices and Apple TV
- Brand new RGT Remote App for continued on-bike control – but not a requirement
- User experience redesigned to be more intuitive, following feedback from riders
RGT Cycling, the free to use virtual cycling platform, has today introduced a major overhaul of its user experience with the launch of a new single app, in a move labelled ‘Project Échappée’.
Échappée, meaning to ‘break away’ or ‘escape’ in French, sees RGT switch from the previously required Mobile App plus Screen App, to a single, standalone app for Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android devices and Apple TV.
Incorporating 2 years of feedback from the RGT community, users no longer need to combine two applications, making initial setup and ongoing usability a streamlined process. From a hardware perspective, devices such as PC, Mac or Tablet now connect directly to training equipment, such as a trainer or smart bike. This reduces issues some users previously experienced with connection stability between the two apps and allows for easier bug fixing.
RGT has also launched a new Remote App which gives users the option to experience the same on-the-bike control that was possible with the old setup, without making it a requirement. PC users without Bluetooth connectivity can also use the RGT Remote App as a bridge for devices.
RGT developers have redesigned navigation and user interface too, making both more intuitive. The project also gave the team the chance to clean up the code, making it ‘lighter’ and easier to develop, increasing the speed that RGT is able to deliver new features in the future.
Furthermore, this update also launches with a new Web Portal at www.rgtcycling.com where users can complete some non-ride tasks such as update account details, manage subscriptions and create and sign up for events. RGT has also suggested it has added some easter eggs to the site for users to hunt out and enjoy!
James Vickers, Head of Brand and Marketing at RGT, ‘The launch of the Single App marks a huge step change in the usability and future development of the RGT platform, bringing us in line with the ease of use expectations of our users. We’d like to take the opportunity to thank each of our users, whose valuable feedback has helped fuel the vision for a better, more streamlined virtual cycling experience’.
The new RGT Single App and Remote App are now available in the App Store and in Google Play. For information on how to download or update to the new RGT Cycling single app, visit www.rgtcycling.com
Note: PEZCyclingNews ask that you contact the manufacturers before using any products you see here. Only the manufacturer can provide accurate and complete information on proper / safe use, handling, maintenance and or installation of products as well as any conditional information or product limitations.